Savage Arms launched their first ever semi-automatic shotgun with an interesting name; the RENEGAUGE. The first caption from Savage was ‘The first Semi-Auto Shotgun with 100% Savage DNA’.
Savage embarked on a project to produce a semi-automatic shotgun seven years ago, “I killed the project three times because the cost was too high and the gun was too heavy,” says Al Kasper, Savage’s president and CEO.
Made by SAVAGE in the USA, some of the positive features of the New RENEGAUGE are;
- soft recoil
- very fast cycling
- lightweight and well center balanced
- A fluted barrel concept which reduces the weight by 10%
- very uniform case ejection with different loads in 45 degrees (2-3 o’clock), which also makes it usable for left hand shooters
- all wearing parts made of steel
- 2 round magazine block available (also mandatory for waterfowl hunting in the US)
- very easy to load and operate (large loading port, oversized control elements)
The four models available are;
The RENEGAUGE FIELD, RENEGAUGE TURKEY BOTTOMLAND, RENEGAUGE TURKEY OBSESSION, and the RENEGAUGE WATERFOWL.
In the U.S. the suggested retail prices are; for the black finish a mere $1,449, while the camo and turkey models both go for $1,549.